Want to learn how to shoot and handle pistols safely – this is the course for you. In a weekend day, we’ll cover everything from parts of the pistol, to how to use the sights, to proper shooting stance and of course make some noise at the range! Pay here on this page, but Register Here so we can get your certificate for the course from the NRA.
Saturday, MAY 07, 2022
There are 2 Steps:
- Purchase the class here
- Register for the class on the NRA site, so the proper certificates can be generated and more importantly you reserve your spot.
Classroom: Saturday – 8am – 2 or 3pm (with 1 hour lunch break at noon and other breaks)
Classroom Location: 1528 Bethlehem Pike, Flourtown, PA, 19031
Range: Saturday – 2-3 pm
Range: We may have to wait for some range time as the COVID-19 protocols in place list the number of people allowed in at one time to get some time shooting and handling the firearm(s).
Range Location: 660 Easton Road Horsham, PA 19044
In this course you will:
- review gun handling safety rules, discuss what to expect at the range and review range commands.
- review the fundamentals of shooting, determine your dominant eye, learn a proper two-handed grip.
- get hands-on with a pistol as you learn how to load, cock, de-cock and and unload all the different action types (single action and double action revolvers and semi-automatics)
- review how to clean a pistol.
- learn the two important shooting positions and then it’s off to the range to put everything you’ve learned into practice in a relaxed and non-competitive environment.
- shoot a qualification target and receive a performance requirements checklist.
As a NRA-course you will need to register for this course here as well, so your requirement of having taken Basic Pistol can be tracked and a NRA Certificate can be created:
Physical Limitations and Disabilities – If you have physical limitations or disabilities please contact us before registering for the class so we can discuss your needs.
Tim Ernst is a NRA-certified instructor in rifle and pistol with 20+ years of firearms experience. Tim has taught youth in Rifle at the Falls Township Rifle and Pistol Association, he’s an Endowment Member of NRA, and a FTRP member for over 15 years (trap, sporting clays, rifle, pistol, plinking). I have over 30 years of experience with hunting (bear, deer, waterfowl) and firearms. Initially trained in the U.S. Navy. He’s also quite active in his community as a volunteer firefighter/engineer, former Safety Officer and Director at a local fire company.