Want to learn how to shoot and handle pistols safely – this is the course for you. Over one weekend we’ll cover everything from parts of the pistol, to how to use the sights, to proper shooting stance and of course make some noise at the range!
Saturday, January 11, 2020
Classroom: Saturday – 8am – 2 or 3pm (with 1 hour lunch break at noon and other breaks)
Classroom Location: 1528 Bethlehem Pike, 2nd Floor, Flourtown, PA, 19031
Range: Saturday – 1pm
Range: We’ll pick slots for the range time (taking two students at a time) to get some time shooting and handling the firearm(s).
Range Location: 529 W. Butler Ave., Chalfont, PA 18914 215-822-3900
In this course you will:
- review gun handling safety rules, discuss what to expect at the range and review range commands.
- review the fundamentals of shooting, determine your dominant eye, learn a proper two-handed grip.
- get hands-on with a pistol as you learn how to load, cock, de-cock and and unload all the different action types (single action and double action revolvers and semi-automatics)
- review how to clean a pistol.
- learn the two important shooting positions and then it’s off to the range to put everything you’ve learned into practice in a relaxed and non-competitive environment.
- shoot a qualification target and receive a performance requirements checklist.
As a NRA-course you will need to register for this course here as well, so your requirement of having taken Basic Pistol can be tracked and a NRA Certificate can be created:
Physical Limitations and Disabilities – If you have physical limitations or disabilities please contact us before registering for the class so we can discuss your needs.
Tim Ernst is a NRA-certified instructor in rifle and pistol with 20+ years of firearms experience. Tim has taught youth in Rifle at the Falls Township Rifle and Pistol Association, he’s an Endowment Member of NRA, and a FTRP member for over 15 years (trap, sporting clays, rifle, pistol, plinking). I have over 20 years of experience with hunting (bear, deer, waterfowl) and firearms. Initially trained in the U.S. Navy. He’s also quite active in his community as a volunteer firefighter/engineer, former Safety Officer and Director at a local fire company.